Monday, April 22, 2013

Experimenting with Voki - Web 2.0 Tool




Well, I feel a little silly, that Voki took me much longer than expected. It wasn't as user friendly as I thought. When I first went in I thought of making a quick introduction to landforms for my students. They all love video games and cartoons and Voki is a neat way to encompass all their interests. Yet...it was tricky because all the visual options I kept choosing were not available in regular Voki but instead required a Voki Classroom account which you have to pay for. Regardless, I figured it out and was able to create a short little clip to introduce landforms to my students and get them talking to their peers.

Here's a quick tutorial for Voki if you want to avoid my silly time wasting error!

2 comments:

  1. all of the Vokis I've seen made in our class are so different from each other - the downside of it seems to be how much we've come to expect from these little tools in this class, and what can be done for free :) Nice version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Voki when I experimented with it, but I agree that it takes some time to figure out all of the little "kinks" that come along. Even the free apps try to lure you in with even better "pay for" features. I just think Voki is a simple, FUN, and quick alternative to the teacher always introducing a question, or discussing a vocabulary term. Glad you got to experiment with this app (sorry, it took so long)!

    ReplyDelete