Monday, April 22, 2013

Popplet - A Fabulous Web 2.0 Tool

Out of all the tools I have discovered and implemented this semester I have to say Popplet is one of my favorites. It is a really neat tool and is pretty much a glorified graphic organizer. I probably like it so much because I like organization tools and I like to use visuals in my classroom. Popplet is very user friendly, simple, offers text and picture options, and is a great way to modernize an old fashioned KWL chart in the classroom. I have a feeling I have just hit the tip of the iceberg with what this graphic organizer can do!



I have embedded a link to my Popplet describing four of the major landforms my students are learning about in our geography unit. They told me the advantages and disadvantages to type into each landform category and what I love is that I can go back and edit the page, adding as many sections as I want. I would definitely recommend using this tool in the classroom.

4 comments:

  1. This is great!! Your popplet is visually appealing and easy to follow. I also like organization and use graphic organizers with my students. I can definitely use this in my teaching. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! I love anything organizational and I'm a sucker for graphic organizers in particular. This seems like a tool that a wide variety of ages could easily use. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know how I feel about any organizational tool, so I am absolutely swooning over this graphic organizer. I clicked on your link and could not get over it's streamlined look -- it lets me zoom in on the different areas, review key vocabulary, and understand how all of the different terms, attributes, advantages and disadvantages of each land form, fit together. Definitely trying this out with my kiddos as we continue to tackle our vocabulary ridden unit on animal adaptations!

    ReplyDelete