Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Hodgepodge of "Techy" Thoughts

There are so many amazing sites to look into that I couldn't decide what to dedicate this post to...so it's a bit of a hodgepodge...

Digital Storytelling
I'm starting to think about creating our Digital Story and feeling a little lost in all the information there is out there...here is a great link to a Wiki describing the simplicity of digital storytelling I found on Integrating Technology and Literacy's main page. As a visual learner myself I think having the ability to include pictures, videos, and text all in one digital story will be very helpful for all students. I'm looking forward to creating my digital story. Have any of you started thinking about what you'll do for yours? If you've already made a digital story, do you have any special tips?



Resources
Having an iPAD in the classroom is wonderful. It's a resource that allows students the freedom to use technology and explore new apps. I am always looking for new apps for my students iPAD. Our district was piloting a reading program that ended and now I am searching for a reading app I love equally. This site has awesome apps that are FREE and easy to use! You can follow them through your GoogleReader (check out mine if you'd like!) and get daily updates from their blog.



Class Tech Tips
My little ones just finished a math unit on 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes. Of course, now that we're done I find this awesome resource using a Geoboard iPAD app instead of a regular geoboard! I am definitely going to use this app when teaching the same unit next year.

There are so many amazing resources available online. Most of the ones I find have to do with reading. Are there any useful math blogs/sources/freebies that you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. I just added the link you included for *FREE* apps to my Diigo account ;) This site has everything separated by grade and subject matter which is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete