Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Animoto...a work in progress

When looking through sample Animotos I see a variety of topics and styles. For my class, I feel that the vocabulary Animotos will be most helpful because I am trying to add academic vocabulary into my students everyday language. I really enjoyed Meghan's Animoto about plant vocabulary. It was simple, informative and had pictures that students could use as a visual tool when remembering what the vocabulary words mean.



Another Animoto that I thought would be useful to my students was Mary Ellen's solar system Animoto. I feel that the visuals along with the use of distance and space with the planets will allow students to really comprehend what size each planet is and how far apart they are from one another. Even my students who are not learning about the solar system would learn something from this Animoto.



Currently, my students are learning about the classifications of animals and what animals need to survive. I am hoping to use this content to create an Animoto to help students better comprehend the material.

For those of you who work in early elementary do you think Animotos are a good tool to use with students? If you work with older students, do you think it is applicable to use with them?

2 comments:

  1. Until recently, I didn't realize just how powerful Animoto can be in the classroom, particularly for introducing vocabulary with visuals and definitions and as a means of introducing a new unit. I'm thinking of creating an Animoto about inferring, using the items in a purse for students to generate my inferences...we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that Animotos are a great tool to use with elementary students. When we introduce a new lesson to our students, we want to make sure that we are grabbing the attention of twenty-something little learners, Animotos are a great way to do this! Animotos can introduce a topic to students in a way that is sure to keep them interested.

    ReplyDelete