Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Searching for Inspiration to Blog


When looking at my peers blogs and at the Integrating Technology and Literacy class blog I can't help but get inspired to create even more posts with ideas and feedback. I'm not quite there yet...I still feel like I am in the beginning stages of actually putting important information on my blog, but I'm making baby steps.

To be completely honest, it feels good that I am not the only one having reservations and worries about integrating blogging into a classroom of 6 year olds who already have a lot, I mean A LOT on their plate. When reading Bello Blog I feel like I can relate to the frustrations of fitting in the common core assessments, district assessments and daily instruction as well as technology that is relevant and age appropriate. I always say, "If I had more hours in the day".

On the Writing Process blog post there are a variety of Animotos that showcase students learning in all areas of content. I am really excited to make an Animoto and integrate this creative tool into my instruction.

Out of all the technologies we have discusses in class (and read about in Richardson) which are you most excited about integrating in your classroom? Which one are you most hesitant about?

1 comment:

  1. With the implementation of the Common Core State Standards, it seems as though many teachers are asking the question, "When will we have time to teach?" I understand your frustrations because I see all that is expected of students on a day to day basis, too. But what if there were some way to incorporate technology into your everyday lessons? There are many ways to use technology in math or reading, but ultimately, it all depends on how much technology you are provided with in your classroom. If you have access to a Smart Board, there are many great websites that allow students to learn by interacting with technology without taking away from your daily lessons.

    ReplyDelete