Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Growing Diigo Library


 (Compliments of my new favorite site...Photo Pin!) Photo Pin is an awesome site to get pictures from and they have a huge variety.

Through the past few weeks I've started to get more comfortable with browsing between other teachers blogs. I have loved finding creative ideas to use in my own daily instruction. One of the most helpful tools when looking at such a large variety of blogs is Diigo. Here is a link to my own Diigo Library. This wonderful tool essentially acts as a large bookmark so you can keep track of all the pages and sites you like. You can tag the pages with a simple word or two such as, classroom blog or literacy lessons.  That way when you come back to find that page it is easy to access. Here is a sample of what a Diigo Library page looks like.



You'll see on my Diigo Library page it's still a work in progress. I have not quite mastered the "tagging" of sites, just the following of the site so that I come back to it later on. Continue checking back into my library for helpful sites and links that you may enjoy! The benefits of using a site like Diigo is it helps to organize your favorite sites. There are no more excuses of finding a site and saying to yourself, "Oh, I'll find this again". With an easy tool like Diigo you can bookmark it and access it whenever and wherever you want. That's another fabulous aspect to Diigo you can access your account anywhere, not just on your home computer. If you haven't already looked into Diigo it is definitely a tool to start using. If you already have an account I urge you to continue working on adding more resources to your library like I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment